帖子

积分

荣誉会员

积分
注册时间
2003-9-27

积极参与奖影音发烧友

发表于 2006-4-5 19:32:28 | 显示全部楼层
Audio Research CD3 MkII 所使用的转盘是被誉为当今世上最靓声的转盘*Philips best cast-metal Pro model 2 laser mechanism

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级会员

积分
注册时间
2001-11-21
 楼主| 发表于 2006-4-5 19:36:06 | 显示全部楼层
不好意思,我将audio research和音乐之旅混为一谈了。pan兄可否仔细说说audio research的声音特点或者风格?
[s:44]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

积分
注册时间
2003-9-27

积极参与奖影音发烧友

发表于 2006-4-5 19:40:19 | 显示全部楼层
同样使用*Philips best cast-metal Pro model 2 作转盘的还有:

Audia Flight CD One

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

辭職L

积分
注册时间
2001-11-21
发表于 2006-4-5 19:40:58 | 显示全部楼层
AUDIO RESEARCH CD3 MKII的表现其实一句话就可以讲完:WILSON AUDIO的老板DAVE WILSON在家里听X-2 ALEXANDRIA时就使用AR CD3 MKII作为参考音源。 [s:47]
中國立體聲的LL論壇:www.stereosound.com.cn
立體聲之友專訪(連載9)———不聽老鼠言,吃虧在眼前:
http://www.stereosound.com.cn/vi ... &extra=page%3D1
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

积分
注册时间
2003-9-27

积极参与奖影音发烧友

发表于 2006-4-5 19:44:17 | 显示全部楼层
引用第34楼chrisalex2006-04-05 19:40发表的“”:
AUDIO RESEARCH CD3 MKII的表现其实一句话就可以讲完:WILSON AUDIO的老板DAVE WILSON在家里听X-2 ALEXANDRIA时就使用AR CD3 MKII作为参考音源。 [s:47]

我正要补上这事,就被你先说了。[s:35]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级会员

积分
注册时间
2001-11-21
 楼主| 发表于 2006-4-5 19:54:26 | 显示全部楼层
引用第34楼chrisalex2006-04-05 19:40发表的“”:

还没帮人家选好,我已经被毒倒了,真是出世慰藉神仙四啊~  [s:47]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

2万

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

辭職L

积分
注册时间
2001-11-21
发表于 2006-4-5 19:54:27 | 显示全部楼层

引用第35楼Pan2006-04-05 19:44发表的“”: 我正要补上这事,就被你先说了。[s:35]

其他的俺就不晓得了,呵呵,请PAN兄开讲。

中國立體聲的LL論壇:www.stereosound.com.cn
立體聲之友專訪(連載9)———不聽老鼠言,吃虧在眼前:
http://www.stereosound.com.cn/vi ... &extra=page%3D1
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

积分
注册时间
2003-9-27

积极参与奖影音发烧友

发表于 2006-4-5 20:16:01 | 显示全部楼层

Review Summary

Sound  "It excelled at capturing inner detail, at explicating the complexities of the music, though not in a showy or blustery way. Time and again, especially as I played some of the most dense and layered recordings on the CD3 Mk II, the music took on a completely resolved, flowing character that never lacked for sheer detail or naturalness." The CD3 Mk II gives an "honest portrayal of the midrange," "tubey warmth, fullness and romance be damned."

Features  Fully balanced, non-upsampling CD player that uses "a Philips CD Pro2 transport mechanism and Cirrus/Crystal CS4396 Delta-Sigma DAC chips." "The transport mechanism is modified in various ways and shock mounted onto a heavy, machined, multilayer aluminum platform, which isolates it from the rest of the chassis and presumably isolates the circuit boards from the vibration of the mechanism."

Use  "The CD3 Mk II is a top-loading CD player," and "a small magnetic puck holds the CD down to the mechanism's spindle…. Do not forget to use the puck -- you'll be reminded of its importance by the sound of your CD bouncing around inside the player."

Value  "I enjoyed its honest sound and admire its honest value."
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

积分
注册时间
2003-9-27

积极参与奖影音发烧友

发表于 2006-4-5 20:20:07 | 显示全部楼层
引用第37楼chrisalex2006-04-05 19:54发表的“”:
呵呵,请PAN兄开讲。

上个连接,分析得透彻,自问没这个功力:
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/audioresearch_cd3mkii.htm

Review system

As keen-eyed readers know, the CD3 Mk II has been part of my reference system since late last year. During this time I have used it with a multitude of products, including Wilson Audio MAXX 2 and WATT/Puppy 7 speakers; Atma-Sphere MA-2 Mk II.3, Lamm ML2.1 and M1.2 Reference mono amps; Lamm L2 Reference, Mark Levinson No.32 Reference, and VTL TL-7.5 Reference preamps; and Nordost Valhalla, Siltech G6 Signature Forbes Lake and Eskay Creek, Cardas Golden Reference, and AudioQuest Sky and Volcano interconnects and speaker cables. The CD3 Mk II fed a Zanden Model 5000 Mk III DAC, as did a Mark Levinson No.37 transport. An Esoteric X-01 CD/SACD player was also in use. The Mark Levinson and VTL preamps allowed for level matching the various digital sources, so comparisons were easy, including between single-ended and balanced outputs, the latter of which has double the output voltage.

Power cords were all from Shunyata Research and included Anaconda Vx and Alpha, older Taipan and Python models. Audio Research urges the use of the power cord included with the CD3 Mk II, as they've sourced it especially for their products. It's very good, although a Shunyata Research Anaconda Vx sounded even better to my ears. I auditioned the CD3 Mk II with and without power conditioning; in the former, a Shunyata Research Hydra Model-8 was used.

The CD3 Mk II resisted the effects of isolation, as it sounded identical seated on a Harmonic Resolution Systems M3 platform or a shelf of my Michael Green Designs rack. Underneath the player are a matched quad of tuned elastomeric feet, which, perhaps in concert with the shock-mounted transport mechanism, seem to isolate the player very effectively.

Audio Research recommends at least a month of continuous play before considering the CD3 Mk II fully broken in and sounding its best. They've said that dealers will demo broken-in units, on whose sound customers will base their buying decisions. Then, when their players arrive, those same customers call Audio Research to ask what's been changed, as brand-new units don't sound nearly as good as dealer demos. The CD3 Mk II for review arrived with a month of play on it; you can easily replicate this by putting a CD in the unit and playing it on continuous repeat. You don't need to have any of your other electronics powered up.

ARC does CD

Audio Research considers the CD3 Mk II both a CD player and transport, so I began my listening with it connected to a Zanden Model 5000 Mk III DAC, as I know this DAC's sound very well. In this capacity it replaced a Mark Levinson No.37, which I've always thought was in the very upper echelon of transports. As a transport, the CD3 Mk II impressed me immediately -- I spent the better part of the next two weeks listening in this way, wavering during that time over which transport, the CD3 Mk II or No.37, I thought sounded better. There are some marked similarities -- a clear, open, detailed view of the music -- and one important difference: the CD3 Mk II sounded a little more relaxed than the No.37, which emphasized the leading edge of transients to a greater degree. However, the No.37 and CD3 Mk II definitely sounded more alike than different; with some recordings, like Jacques Loussier's rich-sounding Plays Bach [Telarc CD-83411], anyone would be hard-pressed to identify either by its sound alone. I have always thought the No.37 was a great match with the Zanden DAC, but for my tastes, the CD3 Mk II was a little better. Its sound was a little more serene and satisfying than the No.37's.

With the CD3 Mk II still connected to the Zanden DAC, I ran a pair of balanced interconnects to the preamp du jour, the VTL TL-7.5, and began comparing CD3 Mk II and Zanden DAC to CD3 Mk II by itself. I suppose single-ended connection would have been more appropriate at this point because the Zanden DAC is single ended only, but I was anxious to hear the CD3 Mk II at its best, and I had identical balanced cables to the single-ended ones used with the Zanden DAC.

The strengths of the CD3 Mk II as a CD player were immediately apparent. It excelled at capturing inner detail, at explicating the complexities of the music, though not in a showy or blustery way. Time and again, especially as I played some of the most dense and layered recordings, the music took on a completely resolved, flowing character that never lacked for sheer detail or naturalness. Whereas the CD3 Mk II feeding the Zanden DAC had a more quaint, soft character that didn't lack for boldness when the music demanded it, the CD3 Mk II alone more readily took on the character of the music, making it more difficult to determine exactly what it was contributing to the sonic outcome.

I was stunned by the drive and blat that Roy Hargrove's trumpet from Parker's Mood [Verve 314 527 907-2] displayed via the CD3 Mk II. There was bite without added grit or edge, the notes propelled from the speakers with such force that I almost expected to feel the air behind them. I also listened in contented silence to Television's eponymous reunion CD [Capitol C2-98396], which the CD3 Mk II portrayed with all of its dense, diverse atmosphere and space intact. This CD in particular seemed to bring out the best in the CD3 Mk II: its ability to untangle the instrumental lines of a busy recording and not call undue attention to that fact that it was doing so.

Audio Research preamps and amplifiers are well known for their honest portrayal of the midrange, where so much of the music's message is conveyed. The CD3 Mk II preserves this family resemblance -- tubey warmth, fullness and romance be damned. Because of the tubes used in the remastering chain, all of the DCC gold CDs I own have some residual warmth that I sometimes crave as a change of digital pace. The CD3 Mk II captures it, but doesn't pile its own signature on top. Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited was once available as a DCC CD [DCC GZS-1021], and is now for sale as a sparkling new hybrid SACD [Columbia CH 90324]. The differences in the sound between these two recordings is profound. Which is better? In a purely objective sense, probably the SACD because of the way it seems to mine everything there is on the master tapes, but I enjoy the DCC version more because that bit o' warmth makes Dylan sound more human and the music more tangible and liquid. The CD3 Mk II captures the differences, even showing mastery of the hybrid SACD's high-rez nature. The DCC CD is now an infrequent and pricey eBay find. If you love Highway 61 Revisited, it is the best way to own that album.

The CD3 Mk II's treble is very close to the very best that digital can achieve, and is by far the best I've heard for less than five figures. Its exceptional nature is due to the small things -- the subtle shifts in dynamics and texture -- that it conveys in a wholly organic way. The CD3 Mk II certainly sounds detailed in its upper frequencies, but not accentuated. It portrays treble nuance and gradations in a convincing and pleasing manner. This is no small achievement, especially for digital sound, where notable high-frequency detail is often accompanied by a bump in the lower treble. The CD3 Mk II's treble is extended and resolving without the bump and its attendant negative effect on the listener. If the CD3 Mk II's highs have any character at all, it's a creamy density, the sense that the notes are tightly packed together and simply pour out of the speakers as a single entity.

As I've mentioned, the CD3 Mk II is a fully balanced CD player, and has both balanced and single-ended outputs. Audio Research believes in fully balanced circuits, and I have become a believer as well, especially with digital gear. In my opinion, the noise-canceling attributes of a fully balanced design have their greatest effect with digital gear; you simply cannot say that you've heard the best that digital has to offer until you've heard a player like the CD3 Mk II through its balanced outputs. There is no parameter of the sound produced that does not benefit, especially low-level resolution, which is clearly better and ratchets up the clarity and vibrancy of the entire presentation accordingly.

Listening to the CD3 Mk II through its single-ended outputs didn't change the player's sound immensely, but did make for less-refined sound. Retrieval of inner detail was less pronounced, and the entire presentation didn't have quite the same level of easy resolution or verisimilitude. Single ended, the CD3 Mk II is still a very good CD player, but, in meaningful ways, it sounds better balanced.

Compared to Esoteric

I was lucky enough to have a top-flight digital source on hand to which I could compare the CD3 Mk II. I reviewed the Esoteric X-01 CD/SACD player ($13,000) a year ago, saying about it, "I've heard no better-sounding multi-format digital source." It made for worthy competition for the CD3 Mk II, and gave me greater insight into the ARC player's sound.

When you reach the level of playback represented by the Esoteric X-01 and Audio Research CD3 Mk II -- the best of the best -- the discussion turns from one being obviously better than the other to the musical validity of each. Does each reproduce the totality of the music on each disc and portray it in a convincing manner?

The answer to this question is a resounding "yes!," but there are some differences. The CD3 Mk II and X-01 offer a matter-of-fact, uncontoured view of the music that sounds more similar than different. The X-01 definitely has a bigger and bolder presentation, especially in the bass, which has more weight, power and fullness than that of the CD3 Mk II, which transitions from the upper bass to the lower with no highlighting of any portion. The CD3 Mk II's soundstage doesn't seem to swell in size, as the X-01's does. Is the CD3 Mk II's presentation therefore more honest? I can't say; I will say that in their effect, the X-01 and CD3 Mk II are certainly rivals.

Which would I choose? I don't prefer one over the other, and I could be very happy with either. If I had only CDs to play, however, the choice would be clear and based solely on cost. Is SACD playback alone worth $7500 to you?

End notes

So often when a manufacturer of amps and preamps crosses into an area in which the company has no prior experience, the initial attempt is somewhat disappointing. However, subsequent products often show steady improvement, even if they don't attain the accolades that the company's core products do. I can say with complete confidence that the CD3 Mk II is the best Audio Research product I've heard in my system, so perhaps the company's digital proficiency was consummate from the beginning. The CD3 Mk II is competitive with the best CD sources currently available. I enjoyed its honest sound and admire its honest value. If you audition the CD3 Mk II, be sure to do so balanced to hear it at its very best.

I still hope that SACD is fully resuscitated, or at least carries on in some fashion -- the sound of an SACD is still the best thing that digital currently has going for it. But a CD-only player like the CD3 Mk II will likely be used more than any SACD player by several times, as we all have many more CDs than SACDs. Preamps have more than one set of inputs for a reason; the Audio Research CD3 Mk II and a good, budget-preserving SACD player seem like a rational means to a fulfilling musical end.

...Marc Mickelson
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级会员

积分
注册时间
2001-11-21
 楼主| 发表于 2006-4-5 20:44:47 | 显示全部楼层
pan兄这篇帖子太长了,还是英文,作者的喜好俺也不知道,啃通了也不知道该不该相信他啊~
[s:43]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

积分
注册时间
2003-9-27

积极参与奖影音发烧友

发表于 2006-4-5 20:53:28 | 显示全部楼层
听“dragon”说 AUDIO RESEARCH CD3 MKII 在国内只需36,000元就能买到,刚是这个价钱我已经全力推荐。

AUDIO RESEARCH CD3 MKII在香港和国外可是50,000元级的CD机。以它现时的售价、声音质素用料以及囗碑,绝对该在考虑之列。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级会员

积分
注册时间
2001-11-21
 楼主| 发表于 2006-4-5 20:57:56 | 显示全部楼层
36000啊?超支了不少。我想超支问题相对不那么重要,关键是要弄清楚机子的风格或者说秉性 - 毕竟价格问题是他自己的事,呵呵。

其实,我自己也非常关心这个007配音源的问题,摸索答案的过程也是一个提高的过程~ ^_^。

我相信老朋友的推荐,不敢凭某个人的某篇来路不明的文章去相信一样东西,这就是论坛比杂志的好处了~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

荣誉会员

积分
注册时间
2003-9-27

积极参与奖影音发烧友

发表于 2006-4-5 21:35:43 | 显示全部楼层
我想、象这样的推荐,也就是大家分享一些所知和心得,交流一些资讯而已。

最终你还得亲自试用、试听才能作实。

象这次论坛上各友好推荐的数台CD机,里面当然包含各人的经验认知和偏爱,我是 Audio Research拥趸,当然主观地认为 Audio Research 最好,至於其他朋友也自然有他推荐某个品牌和型号的理由,这些我认为都值得叁考的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
注册时间
2002-10-4
发表于 2006-4-5 21:35:51 | 显示全部楼层
还是我来吧, ARC的东西我有研究的。
价格上次在广州看到过现货,随便问问,开价36000,估计还可以还价。这台机器的二手也见过,不过很少,因为是和588差不多同时代的东西,肯出的人很少。整机用料十足,除了豪华转盘外,解码部分也非常讲究,开盖一看塞得满满的,布线无比紧密,感动到哭,成色很好的二手应该在28000左右
声音的风格据一位ARC的超级用家(有所有的ARC cdp的前辈)说和cd2风格一样,输出电平要高过cd2.就我使用CD2一年多的经验来说,ARC是hifi性和音乐性结合的比较好的机器,稍微比英国之宝更偏重hifi些,比mark的韵味要多些。动态强劲,中频韵味十足。
去年小张借了我一本《音响技术》,到现在还没还,上面有cd3mk2的评测。cd3mk2和cd3比,换掉了50多个零件,乐感更好。
和广州的大二手商阿海聊过,ARC的CD机由于国内知道的不多,所以价格没有炒起来,而英国之宝的东西的价格已经背离了他的实际价值(原话)。所以,ARC的东西很值得购买。
cd3mk2曾经摆在我的面前,而我没有钱把她娶回家,只有玩她姐姐cd2了 [s:47]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

耳机俱乐部微信
耳机俱乐部微信

联系我们|有害信息举报:010-60152166 邮箱:zx@jd-bbs.com|手机版|Archiver|黑名单|中国耳机爱好者俱乐部 ( 京ICP备09075138号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 16:37 , Processed in 0.118590 second(s), 36 queries , Gzip On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表